In a fight night full of upsets, the One 161 headliner featherweight muay thai championship clash between defending titleholder Petchmorakot Petchyindee and Tawanchai PK.Saenchai ended with a new reigning champion.
Tawanchai imposed his pace from the start, attacking with some aggressive kicks. On the other hand, Petchmorakot put his fast hands to work. Round 3 saw a fuss of punches and elbows. Petchmorakot tried to use his experience in the championship rounds, but Tawanchai looked fresher, hunting the titleholder across the cage, and landing several hard shots. The result: all three cageside judges sided with Tawanchai, who gained the belt from the champ.
In the other stellar fight of the night, current light heavyweight kickboxing beltholder Roman Kryklia moved up a division to take on UFC alum Guto Inocente. In only 52 seconds, the Ukrainian crushed the Brazilian and secured a place in the tournament final, while securing his 12th consecutive victory. Kryklia started the fight with a combination of strong punches, forcing a count from the referee for Inocente. The Brazilian came back, but he was clearly affected by Kryklia’s punches. With his rival on the line, Kryklia unloaded with a head kick that forced the referee to stop the contest for to protect Inocente. Kryklia will face Iraj Azizpour in an exciting rematch that will go down at the upcoming final. Azizpour defeated Bruno Chaves by points in all scorecards earlier on the card.
EARLIER IN THE NIGHT:
- Former Gorilla Fighting Championship interim 170-pound champion Saygid Izagakhmaev (21-2, 2-0 One) overshadowed Lipeng Zhang (33-12-2, 2-1 One)
- Straweight Tiffany Teo (11-2, 8-2 One) beat Ritu Phogat (7-3, 7-3 One).
- Heavyweight Oumar Kane (4-1, 3-1 One) pounded Batradz Gazzaev (3-1, 0-1 One) out with at 2:15 of the second round.
- Former One bantamweight kickboxing champion Alaverdi Ramazanov settled the score with Asanan Praanekpanansri, thanks to a split-decision win in their bantamweight muay thai fight.
- Sangmanee overshadowed Zhang Chenglong thanks to a close-split decision in a bantamweight muay thai fight.
- In featherweight muay thai, Ferrari Fairtex beat Han Zi Hao.
- Rodrigo Marello outclassed Ruslan Bagdasarian in their bantamweight fight, thanks to a powerful ankle lock.
- Ali Furadi (3-0, 1-0 One) got rid of Matheus Felipe da Silva Xavier (1-1, 0-1 One) thanks to a powerful overhand right in the first round.
Leave a Reply